123 Any Street
Memphis, TN 25741
Miss Tina Williams, 3 January, 2007
123 Any Street, Memphis, TN 38155
Dear Miss Williams,
I am writing to enquire whether you have a vacancy in your company for a Quality Assurance Manager. I enclose a copy of my Resume for your consideration.
As you will see from my Resume, I am currently working for Gepo Foods as the Senior Quality Assurance Technician. In my present position I am responsible for managing all quality assurance in Gepo Foods' Manchester factory. I have worked closely with the Production Department and have been able to identify problems before they affected production deadlines.
Over the last year I have implemented BS5750/ISO 9000 throughout our factory. This meant rewriting many of the company's procedures and in some cases creating new procedures. I successfully obtained accreditation at the first attempt within the Board's six-month timescale.
With my proven ability to manage and maintain the highest QA standards whilst also minimising costs, I feel that I would be able to make a significant contribution to your company's management team.
I would be grateful if you would contact me if you have any vacancies in your company, or keep my information on file in case of future openings. I would welcome hearing from you.
Food Technologist Cover Letter
Food Technologists work for food manufacturing companies and make sure products follow legal and quality requirements. Typical Food Technologist job duties include developing products and processes, implementing quality control procedures, researching consumer markets, selecting raw materials, ordering supplies, taking part to internal audits, liaising with technical and commercial departments, finding solutions to production issues, maintaining food safety, and finding ways to reduce costs without compromising quality.
A well-written cover letter example for Food Technologist usually focuses on skills and qualifications such as:
- Training in nutrition and food science
- Knowledge of applied chemistry and microbiology
- The ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules
- Attention to details
- Commercial awareness
- Business acumen
- Flexibility and time management
- Organizational skills
- Effective communication
- Computer literacy
Just below is displayed a cover letter sample showcasing comparable Food Technologist skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Food Technologist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Salters:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Food Technologist, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With significant experience in food science and new product development, as well as a strong commitment to research excellence and corporate goal achievement, I am confident I would be able to make a significant contribution to your company’s success.
From formulating new food products and producing benchtop prototypes to drafting reports and performing deep research, my expertise lies in creating, modifying, and improving food quality, safety, storage, packaging, processing, and distribution to continually increase corporations’ bottom lines. Having earned my Bachelor of Science in Food Chemistry from the University of Nebraska, I am eager to apply my extensive skill set and knowledge toward the success of your company. Furthermore, with my additional strengths in team leadership, cross-functional communication, and consumer insight and analysis, I am well positioned to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include…
- Creating and rolling out flavor and food concepts leading to successful commercialization of line extensions for major food companies including Keebler, Nabisco, and General Mills; developing and helping to launch food products across various food areas including cereals, snacks, and baked goods.
- Exploring trends and uncovering information regarding demographic preferences in conjunction with sensory, marketing, and consumer insight departments; developing new product prototypes based on results for customer evaluation in focus/research groups.
- Demonstrating an exhaustive knowledge of food chemistry and engineering, nutrition and dietary requirements, food safety protocol, and general food sciences while excelling within team-oriented environments.
- Leading projects throughout their full life cycles, overseeing teams and logistics as well as serving as a contributing team member on non-lead projects; utilizing organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills to drive projects and teams to peak results.
With my strong experience, coupled with my dedication and my solid work ethic, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Rita B. Henley