Application Form:Apply online.
- Official Transcripts: Foreign transcript(s) must be translated into English. Transcripts must be mailed from the institution. Scanned or emailed transcripts are not acceptable.
- Credential Evaluation:Foreign transcript(s) must be evaluated by an accredited evaluation company. Dominican accepts credential evaluations from World Education Services(WES). Course-by-course credential evaluations are necessary for any program assessing transferable units including our Adult Degree Completion program.
Candidates are required to use World Education Services (WES) and must submit a WES ICAP (course-by-course) evaluation. The WES ICAP evaluation can fulfill the official transcript requirement, as well, as long as the WES ICAP evaluation is delivered to the Office of Admissions directly from WES and includes a copy of the official transcripts you had evaluated. It should be noted that official transcripts are delivered electronically with the evaluation through WES.
- Test Results/English Proficiency*: International students from countries where English is not an official language must demonstrate English proficiency. Proficiency can be demonstrated with passing scores as listed below:
Passing test scores are:
a. SAT 1140 (Combined Math and Evidence-Based Reading (minimum Reading score of 25) and Writing (M + ERW)
(Dominican's SAT code is 4284.)
b. ACT: 20 Composite
c. TOEFL: 550 Paper, 213 Computer, or 80 IBT
d. IELTS: 6.5
e. PTEA: 53
EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department‘s network of hundreds of advising centers in 170 countries designed to assist local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. Find your center.
The English proficiency requirement is also satisfied by completing Level 112 English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at ELS Language Centers, or the successful completion of 24 transferable semester units or 36 transferable quarter units at an English-speaking institution.
Students who have met the university’s academic requirements, but have not yet satisfied the English requirement, may apply for “conditional admission” based upon eventual completion of the required ELS Language Centers level. To learn more about the ELS Language Center’s program located on our campus, and how to apply for conditional admission, please visit www.els.edu/sanfrancisconorthbay.
*Please note that this requirement is waived for all students who have spent one academic year in the U.S. school system.
4. Personal Essay of 500 Words as described on the application
5. Letter of Recommendation
6. Bank Statement: All international students must submit a bank statement that demonstrates that sufficient funds are available to support the student for one year. The 2018-19 estimated cost of attendance is $65,000 USD.
7. Affidavit of Financial Support. If the bank statement is not in the student's name, the account holder must complete this form.
8. Photocopy of Passport Photo Page
Priority Deadline: November 1
Regular Deadline: December 1
Priority Deadline: February 1
Regular Deadline: July 1
Once your application is complete, we will notify you of our admissions decision within two weeks. A $250 tuition deposit is required after you are admitted in order to confirm your attendance and to receive Form I-20.
Apply Anytime…Like Today
It's hard to know what your future holds, but this much is clear: You will be a changed person for attending Dominican College. You’ll be better prepared to succeed because you examined ideas, developed skills, nurtured friendships, celebrated victories, launched networks, served others and conquered challenges. Take the first step, and start your application today.