Wiley Middle School
654 Washington Street
New Cityland, CA 91010
RE: Child And Youth Worker, Ref# 878732, 07/19/2014
Dear Ms. Logan,
I am pleased to submit my resume to be considered for the Child and Youth Worker position with your team. In addition to a master-level education and training in counseling, my more than 3 year history of hands-on experiences make me an excellent match for the demands of this opportunity. In each of my previous roles as a C
hild and Youth Worker , I have helped studentsÛ’in cooperation with their guardians and teachersÛ’to understand and overcome obstacles affecting their social, educational, and long-term achievement.
Please review these points from my professional background which represent the absolute value I can offer Wiley Middle School:
- Post Secondary Education and Career Guidance
- Sharp Middle School Career and Cultural Youth Summit: 46-50% of attendees reported increased understanding of career options and a motivation to attend college
- Special Education
- Well-versed in addressing the needs of students with ADHA, ADD, ESL, anti-social, depression, and learning disorders (reading/math)
- Group Counseling and Student Advocacy
- Facilitated bullying and Girl Power groups; solid experience in working with disadvantaged, at-risk youth facing multicultural issues
My attached a resume that provides additional information on my background and qualifications. It is my goal to work with a team that shares my dedication to the growth and advancement of students competitively prepared for postsecondary education and life in the 21st century. I welcome the opportunity to schedule a meeting with you to discuss the available Child and Youth Worker role and the contributions I can make to your counseling program.
- Valid CA driver's license Patient Care,delivered compassionate care that exceeded hospital requirements.
- Successfully provided quality care to number of patients in Health Care environment Recognized for outstanding customer service.
- Provide verbal and/or written interpreter/translator services for students and their parents Assist with outreach activities such as contacting parents/guardians about attendance, discipline, and related issues.
- Assist in the compilation and distribution of academic support services information.
- Attend parent meetings after school and in the evening.
- Complete other duties related to the job as assigned by the school principal.
- Family Outreach Liaison/SES tutor, Reading and Beyond, Fresno, CA,.
- Interacted with children and parents in a professional manner keep daily sessions with students Prepare lesson plans Assist with reading and writing and improving students literacy/ comprehension level.
- keep daily appointments/ completed monthly assessments for each student.
- Tutored College students Spanish Answered phones,filed, greeted customers and assisted students Make copies and fax.
- Provided Customer service Food Preparation and handling Maintained cleanliness of facility Operated cash register, handled cash.
- Facilitated organized education,recreation and enrichment activities for students Assisted students with homework and reading strategies Helped ensure that students are well behaved Assisted K-12 grade level in using variety of computer programs.