We live in a world where intelligence is tested by one's fluency in English. Even though it is mighty shallow, we can't deny its significance. Certainly, English has nothing to do with acumen, but it is in fact, the number one language in the world, and a proper aptitude in it doesn't hurt.
Now, all our lives we have been told that you can never master this language without reading a lot of books. No, indeed I'm not disagreeing to it; reading is extremely important for the nurturing of the mind, sermon, and soul but it's not the only thing you can do. With our hectic schedules, fast-paced lives, and even shorter attention span - reading may not always be everyone's cup of tea. I, for one, have never been an avid reader. I'm not proud of it, but I can't help it. I have my own little ways to keep my flow going. Here are some of my tactics:
1. Maintain a Diary/Journal: Ever since I was ten, I have had a number of diaries for different phases of my life. Writing about your day's accounts, about important occasions of your life or bad experiences can not only help you heal and help organize your thoughts and emotions but can also help you with your flow in English writing.
2. Read Out Loud: Take anything - a little book, pamphlet or an article. Refrain from reading in your mind but instead, read it out loud in front of a mirror. This way your words reach your ear and it gives you opportunity to catch yourself immediately when you're making a mistake. You can keep a dictionary handy to check the proper pronunciations. This exercise will positively help you with your English diction and speech delivery.
3. Watch English Movies and Shows: This is a common method, but an effective one. I've watched almost every TV show there could be in the 90's and believe me it helps. It might not give you a Hemingway or a Shakespearean vocabulary, but it definitely triggers interesting jargons and metaphors that stay with you for a long time. It also helps you with your everyday conversations and inscriptions here and there. Putting on the subtitles and listening through headphones can add an extra edge to this practice.
4. Surround Yourself with Superior English Speakers: Whether it's a cousin, friend or colleague – assign them to train and work alongside you. Make a specific timetable where you both speak and interact in nothing but English. Ask them to state your flaws and simultaneously correct them.
5. Read Magazines and Newspapers: Yes, newspapers are pretty mind-numbing and it can be a little over-ambitious to try and read the whole thing, but at least try! Try reading the titles as a minimum and point down words you've not known before. Unlike newspapers, magazines don't really cause attention spasms and can be quite fun. Reader's Digest, Get Smart or Vogue, you can learn plenty from all of them. Progressive English skills and better general knowledge? I don't see a better deal.
6. Watch a Lot of Interviews: I've always been an ardent fan of talk-shows. While growing up, The Oprah Winfrey Show and Rendezvous with Simi Garewal have had a huge influence on me. I loved how the hosts invited people from all walks of life who talked about their journey-highs and lows. The hosts and the guests were always so articulate and such powerful English orators that I almost always had something new to learn. It not only gives you uplift in vocabulary but also teaches you how to suitably conduct your speech.
7. Use Technology: The world revolves around technology today, and it's easy to adapt to this change. Listen to the radio, watch videos on YouTube, and listen to a lot of music. BBC World Service is an excellent source of spoken English. YouTube Channels like Learn English and Let's Talk gives you free lessons and helps you with your English, overall.
Rome wasn't built in a day. Similarly, your English proficiency would need a lot of time and perseverance. But don't be afraid to make mistakes, because if you don't, you won't learn what's right and wrong. You won't take risks, and you won't truly grasp the concepts you're
Rafidah Rahman is a teeny-tiny Hulk, she's always angry and she's always hungry. A cynical dreamer and a food enthusiast, she's your everyday entertainment. Correspond with her at https://web.facebook.com/rafidah.rahman.39 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As far as the English language is international, everything connected with the culture, history, and outstanding people will always be of special interest.
Studying English-101 is unbelievably boundless! English language, culture, literary works of world famous poets and writers, like Shakespeare and Milton, the political and economic system of Great Britain and other English-speaking countries... The list is endless, in fact. There's so much to study and investigate!
The following discipline enables you to study contemporary English culture in many ways.
It's even hard to enumerate all the essays that can be created referring to the mentioned discipline and your professors and lecturers know about it well! That's why they try hard to involve you in English essay writing!
Their motivation is quite obvious – having an insight into English-101 is sure to help you get a better understanding of the full spectrum of national features and the peculiarities connected with it. Creative writing in English-101 can lead to writing skills stimulation through tackling numerous genres. When working on the mentioned subject, students are highly likely to polish their writing abilities in poetry, fiction, lyrics, idioms as well as screen plays, drama and journalism.
You definitely can cope with the task settled for you, if not for annoying mishaps such as feeling like you have no time or energy to cope with it! The need for brand new ideas and inspiration may also turn out to be the reason for your essay writing delays. Guys, don’t panic, please! Our writing experts will eagerly assist you with that! They have everything – energy, bright ideas, experience and inspiration; and they are right here – at DoMyEssay.net! They are the ones who will easily turn your English essay into a real masterpiece!
Let professional writers with relevant experience help you!
Sure thing, you can rub your fingers to the nails working on the topic you got from the lecturer – and you could be right in terms of squaring your personal educational experience and improving your writing skills. But let's have a look at the issue at another angle – the following educational objective can be reached much easier and quicker! Writers on our professional custom writing team have enough relevant experience to offer you English essay help whenever you need it. Writing English essays are affordable and our professionals cope with this task very well!
You have a marvelous opportunity to buy your English essay at DoMyEssay.net! Order your English essay today and an excellent custom-written academic paper will be made for you within the shortest time limits! When ordering at DoMyEssay.net, you will get your essay in APA\MLA or any other format you choose and you can get it an exemplary academic style within 24 hours, if you choose
Our offer is unbelievably attractive, but what is more – it sounds good and it works exactly the same!
By choosing DoMyEssay.net, you get only benefits! Throw away all your hesitations and be sure – you will get much more than you expect! With DoMyEssay.net, you will always be pleased with your English essays!